Company Makes Quick Work of Oven Fire

Just before 22:00 on Friday, March 9th Company 38, 35 and Medic 108 were dispatched to the 100 block of Golf House Rd. for a building fire. Squad 38 arrived on location to find an oven Mitt, which had made its way to the broiler pan causing the fire. Prior to the Squads arrival a fire extinguisher was used to control the small fire. The residence, which was above a set of detached garages was filled with smoke. The crews of the Squad and Ladder fully extinguised the fire and ventilated the residance, as the assignment was held to those two pieces. The company was returned to service within the hour.