On Saturday, May 30th, just after 330 pm, Company 38 was dispatched to the 100 block of Golf House Road for an automatic fire alarm. On 38-9’s arrival he and the police located smoke inside the very large, unoccupied residence. Engine 35 was added to the assignment and 38-9 established command. After a few nerve racking minutes the source was located in the basement. Due to the equipment’s composition it had produced a large amount of acrid black smoke. Crews found a de-humidifier smoldering the basment,as well as, a few floor joists within reach of the equipment. After ventilating the entire “mansion” the companies returned to service at 445 pm. Photo courtesy of the Oakmont Fire Company.